Friday, 1 April 2011

Vegan cupcakes - Have I finally cracked it?!!

The date is actually 11th February 2012 - I just manipulate my post dates to get things to sit where I want them on my blog!  At last - I think I may have finally cracked it!! These cakes are just out of the oven and having juggled one, burnt my tongue and stopped myself from eating a second one, just to make sure they were as good as they seemed first time round, I can say I'm 98% happy with this vegan experiment!  Yes I've made vegan cupcakes before and people have always been happy with them but for me, they don't have the right texture.  A sponge should be light and springy and vegan cakes always leave me thinking hmmmmm.  Maybe I just haven't been doing them right.  Today however, I'm over the moon.  I did these as vanilla but feel that as a lemon option, they would be fantastic.  Not sure what to put on top yet - I might just keep it really simple and spoon over a lemon drizzle....
The date is now 23rd March 2013 and sometime over the Easter holidays I am going to do some serious vegan trials. Having conquered the Gluten Free challenge,  I would just love to be able to add a vegan option to my range so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment