I'm not very good at putting my photos where they should be - sorry! Just click this link http://homemadecakesbysue.blogspot.co.uk/ to go to the front page of my blog where I tend to put all my latest pictures......thank you! xx
9" round Farm cake
9" round Farm cake
The light was so bad today, I couldn't get a good picture of the Thomas cake; the blue is lovely and bright but looks duller in the picture than it actually was. I'm so pleased with the way this one came out. The toy on top isn't edible and can either be supplied by the customer, or I can buy something and add it onto the price.
"I just wanted to say a massive thank you for the cakes, they were absolutely perfect!! Rebecca's little face lit up when she saw iggle piggle and upsy daisy! All the children (and adults) at the party loved them. The other mums were so impressed they were asking for your email and web address for when their childrens birthdays come around. So thank you so much for the beautiful cakes and I will, without a doubt come straight to you when i next need a cake"
OK, I'll have a go at anything! The request for this cake came from someone who likes to do war re-enactments in America. A Dick Turpin pistol and an American flag was specified.
Torn ribbon cake - this one was a 12" Square Sponge
Stars on sticks (lots of different colours to choose from)
A very nice lady said this about her cake
"Just wanted to say a huge thank you for making my Dad's birthday cake, not only did it look amazing it tasted lovely and everyone commented on what a fantastic cake it was"
*****
The 9" cake above has a butter cream topping rather than fondant
9" Vintage Wedding cake
I did a Wedding Fayre at the Sun Hotel (27th March 2011) and I sat next to the loveliest lady. She owns her own shop called Stephanie Rose Flowers and Tiaras and she had the most beautiful things on display. Her website is http://www.stephanierose.co.uk/ or she has her own shop at
3-4 The Arcade, Hitchin SG5 1ED.
9" Chocolate wedding cakes
This wedding cake has a shiny finish, it looked lovely. The bride wanted a chocolate wedding cake, with purple shimmer and cupcakes with glittery purple and black butterlies to match.
*****
I loved doing this cake! I did the number 5 cake as part of a set; the lady that ordered it also had a dozen cupcakes spelling out 'Mollie is five' for the party bags but I didn't get a good picture of them.
"Big Big thank you for the cake and cupcakes. They are just stunning!I have added a link on my facebook page to your blog as friends were asking who had made it. Am really pleased with it and glad you enjoyed doing it. I'm sure I'll be in touch for the next one!"
*****
This is the first stacked cake I've ever done and once again, it's for my good friend K. who is 40. It's my birthday present to her. There are so many things I've learnt from doing this, things that I would definitely change next time around. Her girls (6,8 and10) gave me a list of things that they wanted to go on the cake -they walk passed my window every day on the way to school and always come up to the window to have a look to see what I've been working on, so the list was made up of things that they had particularly like over the last couple of months (we had to pair it down a bit and add something other than the pink, pink and pink that the girls wanted!) I have a pair of ballet pumps that I've also made and they are going to just rest at the side of the board as otherwise, the cake would topple over. I've also made 2 dozen cupcakes which are going to be decorated with big swirly pink butter icing with a black fondant decoration on and they are going to go around the outside of the cake when it's put on the table at the party. Hope someone is sober enough to take a photo!

This is the first stacked cake I've ever done and once again, it's for my good friend K. who is 40. It's my birthday present to her. There are so many things I've learnt from doing this, things that I would definitely change next time around. Her girls (6,8 and10) gave me a list of things that they wanted to go on the cake -they walk passed my window every day on the way to school and always come up to the window to have a look to see what I've been working on, so the list was made up of things that they had particularly like over the last couple of months (we had to pair it down a bit and add something other than the pink, pink and pink that the girls wanted!) I have a pair of ballet pumps that I've also made and they are going to just rest at the side of the board as otherwise, the cake would topple over. I've also made 2 dozen cupcakes which are going to be decorated with big swirly pink butter icing with a black fondant decoration on and they are going to go around the outside of the cake when it's put on the table at the party. Hope someone is sober enough to take a photo!
*****

Hi, I love your cakes and designs. I'm just starting my own home bakery and always looking for ideas.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. alabama themed birthday cakes
ReplyDelete